214 replies to this topic

#201 Jeffrey Goldberg

Jeffrey Goldberg

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,774 posts
  • LocationTygart River, West Virginia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

This weekend will potentially be one of the biggest in Texas A&M history. Lots of 5* and 4* players, mostly on defense coming to Aggieland to attend Saturday's scrimmage.

I'm not going to attempt to list them right now, too busy slacking off with an afternoon sip from the Vinnie and a garden tomato sandie!

#202 Jeffrey Goldberg

Jeffrey Goldberg

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,774 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

Daylon Mack:

from CunningLinguist on Gig'Em 247 Sports:

"A&M was my first offer. They showed they wanted me really early on. It was a real family environment up there and the coaches were really good to my family and me. The SEC in Texas, I was really big on that. I wanted to play in the best conference and be close to home."

"I talk to Malik and Kendall (Sheffield) a lot. I think they end up at A&M. I can’t lie. I don’t really pressure them, we just stay tight."

"We were talking about that last night, me, Kyler, and Christian (Kirk) were all talking about coming to the Rice game since it’s a night game. We’ve never been to a night game so we’ll all go check that one out."

"I had a lot of other schools and I was going to take one other official and I looked at a lot of other ones, and I didn’t want to play in the Big 12 I wanted to play in the SEC. Florida was a school I liked growing up so I chose them."

#203 jbb1366

jbb1366

Team Captain

• Members
  • 1,617 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

I'm on #YESSIR alert all weekend
Gig 'Em

#204 Jeffrey Goldberg

Jeffrey Goldberg

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,774 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

Boyd on campus to attend todays scrimmage. Plans to spend a couple of days here. Under pressure from other commits, Sumlin may make a push to get him now.

Possible #YESSIR! alert. Checking on the others, like in 5* and 4* visitors this weekend. Could be historic but not just on #YESSIR!'s but in getting in position. Some of the remaining targets are late to declare types.

#205 Jeffrey Goldberg

Jeffrey Goldberg

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,774 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

Jacques Patrick the nations #2 Running Back will visit Aggieland on September 13th. That is the day we place Rice in the second game at the new Kyle Field.

However, Texas A&M has little chance to get the Orlando FL native:

Patrick will officially visit a number of schools in the fall, including Texas A&M, but is considered a heavy Florida State lean. In fact, sources close to the All-American have shared the Noles have a commanding lead and all indications point towards Patrick joining Jimbo Fisher's class when he announces in late October on his little brother's birthday.

Out of 37 Crystal Ball predictions, the Seminoles have every single one.

#206 Jeffrey Goldberg

Jeffrey Goldberg

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,774 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

Good news just starting to trickle in:

From Hop on Aggie Websider:

It looks like 3 of the 4 remaining targets at DB will be at the scrimmage today...Boyd, Hill, Sheffield.

We're hearing that there's a good chance Boyd pulls the trigger if all goes as planned. And if the dominoes start falling at DB...who knows what will happen? Not saying it will...but it could.

Hop

No matter how it goes down today, this is a big weekend for the history of Texas A&M Football. Could be huge. Might take a while. We're talking Wrecking Crew here!

And, dominoes is my new favorite game!

#207 Jeffrey Goldberg

Jeffrey Goldberg

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,774 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:38 AM

Keke Kingsley, member of the 2015 Wrecking Crew at Texas A&M was on campus yesterday:

http://media.247spor...3/8/3008943.jpg

#208 Jeffrey Goldberg

Jeffrey Goldberg

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,774 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:46 AM

ESPN 300 projections:

from Mike7th on Aggie Websider:

Players we've considered:
DeBerry- ou
Hill - tu
Sheffield - A&M
Jefferson -A&M
Elam - A&M
Merritt - LSU
T. Johnson - LSU
C. Kirk - A&M
Wariboko - UCLA
Kris Boyd - A&M
Lovette - Oregon
Sweat - Virginia Tech
D. Harris - Ohio St.
Soso Jamabo - Baylor
A. Wheeler - tu

KnightAg:

I heard we may flip the okie st kid who is a really good RB. [Ronald Jones]

#209 Jeffrey Goldberg

Jeffrey Goldberg

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,774 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:01 AM

Aggieland

http://media.247spor.../10/3010385.jpg

#210 Jeffrey Goldberg

Jeffrey Goldberg

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,774 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:04 AM

#YESSIR! alert this week:

Taylor Hamm

dwarren4 said... (original post)

What happened with Elam? Did I miss the update where he pushed back his announcement? Sorry, been moving and probably missed it.

Not sure where you saw that. We cover it tomorrow. He's still scheduled to announce this week.

#211 jbb1366

jbb1366

Team Captain

• Members
  • 1,617 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

Boyd tweeted a pic of him decked out in tceh gear.  surely not, right?
Gig 'Em

#212 Jeffrey Goldberg

Jeffrey Goldberg

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,774 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

Boyd visited this weekend with several other elite prospects.

Apparently, he is not ready to make a commitment. Some are speculating it was due to a late offer by A&M. Similar to Lockhart and we ended up getting his commitment after some indecision.

I wonder if his pride was a little bit hurt that he kinda went public with a desire to play at A&M and our staff held off quite a while on the offer. It wouldn't completely surprise me to see him go somewhere else, but it really does seem like he's playing some games and it's been A&M all along.

Anyway, Kris Boyd is still undecided after his visit to Aggieland from all reports.

#213 Jeffrey Goldberg

Jeffrey Goldberg

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,774 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

Last weekend's #YESSIR! alert proved to be all smoke and no fire. However, rumors of a possible #YESSIR! this Friday from one of our top DB targets, Roney Elam. Welcome to AGGIELAND Roney!!!

Is it possible that we brought the other three CB recruits in this week to let them know that this Friday we will accept Elam's commitment and then only 2 remaining spots will be available at that position. So to me that means 1 spot for Boyd or Hill since Sheffield has a spot til the last week.

So if Hill or Boyd wants it, maybe a first come first serve. And considering Boyd was the last one offered, we might not overly fight for him. Not sure why he is so 'complex' but it might work against him in 1 week.

#214 Jeffrey Goldberg

Jeffrey Goldberg

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,774 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:20 AM

from Rattler on Aggie Websider:

with most of our big, remaining targets:

Roney Elam - A&M/LSU
Holton Hill - A&M/FSU
Kris Boyd - A&M/UT
Malik Jefferson - A&M/UT
Kendall Sheffield - A&M/'Bama
Christian Kirk - A&M/USC
Kirk Merritt - A&M/LSU

We will not win them all.

#215 Jeffrey Goldberg

Jeffrey Goldberg

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,774 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

couple of interesting practice updates on Manning, not a difference maker despite his 4* prospect ranking and Brandon Williams, I think we're o.k. at running back. Look out for the Sumlin Air Raid Offense coming soon to the SEC Network!

from Hop on Aggie Websider:

Manning was a four-star DL. He was the top DL in the state in a down year. He came in out of shape last year and his frame doesn't scream difference maker. He can be explosive off the line which is what got him 4-stars, but his performance has been inconsistent so far in his career. Henderson will see plenty of PT and will often rotate with Walker in the game. Good looking prospect with a bright future. On a side note, Ivan Robinson has started taking most of the 2nd team reps behind Williams in the past week.

It's a very tight race at RB. Brandon Williams has made a statement this fall and I don't think we can call him the fall back guy anymore. I'd say Carson technically gets the start but we'll see all three in there against South Carolina.

Hop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users