Agreed 12th

#22 Slotback

Slotback

Graduate Assistant

• Maroon Supporter
  • 7,727 posts
  • LocationOut on the wing.

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

I'd rather see the Ags kick the hell out of OSU and ESPN say: that game was a blowout. Glad we didn't go there.

In short, I really don't care one way or another about ESPN.
Who Dares Wins.

#23 Pumchavas28

Pumchavas28

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationWard, AR

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

A&M wins period!

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know

that counts." Paul "Bear" Bryant

"A&M Wins Period!!!!!!!!" Pumchavas28

#24 GuatemalanAg

GuatemalanAg

Graduate Assistant

• Maroon Supporter
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:17 PM

:towel:

#25 Pumchavas28

Pumchavas28

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationWard, AR

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

oSu is driving & up 27-20. I am so pissed at Shermans play calling. He got cute & pass happy when running straight at oSu was working wonderfully. I am so pissed & frustrated right now. He's done nothing to help the defense which is gassed right now.

#26 GuatemalanAg

GuatemalanAg

Graduate Assistant

• Maroon Supporter
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

I cannot believe this, we did not show up in the second half!!! WTF??? This one really hurts y'all...

#27 Pumchavas28

Pumchavas28

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationWard, AR

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

This loss is 100% on Sherman & his shitty play calling. I am so pissed at the way he called the offense. Your defense is getting gassed & you downturn the ball? WTF!?!?!?!?! You have got to be f'n kidding me. Sherman single handedly took Gray & CM out of the game when they were killing oSu. I am so pissed right now.

#28 Pumchavas28

Pumchavas28

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationWard, AR

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

View PostGuatemalanAg, on 24 September 2011 - 05:20 PM, said:

I cannot believe this, we did not show up in the second half!!! WTF??? This one really hurts y'all...

Sherman checked out in the 2nd half. He got pass happy & got f'n cute w/ his play calling. Didn't lean on his OL or his RBs, he let oSu's tempo rattle him & change his play calling.

#29 12th man fan

12th man fan

All Conference

• Members
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

Agree with the crappy play calling.  I don't know what Sherman was thinking.

That said, I think Tannehill tried forcing a couple to Fuller that were poor decisions on his part.

#30 Pumchavas28

Pumchavas28

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationWard, AR

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

Sherman owes the Defense, OL, & his RB's an apology for this BS. He could apologize to the fans, but HC's don't do that, but he owes one to his defense at the very least for not doing his part. He saw Tulsa rip oSu a new one on the ground & tries to air it out...WTh?!?!?!?!

#31 Pumchavas28

Pumchavas28

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationWard, AR

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:38 PM

View Post12th man fan, on 24 September 2011 - 05:34 PM, said:

Agree with the crappy play calling.  I don't know what Sherman was thinking.

That said, I think Tannehill tried forcing a couple to Fuller that were poor decisions on his part.

Agreed, but had Sherm leaned on his OL & RBs none of that would have happened.

#32 DavoM

DavoM

Redshirt Freshman

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

Well, I agree about our "offensive" offense tonight, but let's don't give the defense a pass.  The players were working hard the first half, but I don't think I've ever seen that many illegal substitution calls in my life.  I guess what I'm saying is our coaching was weak on both sides of the ball.

And then there's the refs.  No, they didn't cost us the game, but I noticed their parting gifts for us today:  No-calls that should clearly be called and calls that should have never been called.  Had we showed up in the second half, the refs wouldn't have mattered.  If we plan on playing any Big 12 teams close this year (like tonight), we should now be prepared for this.

Peace,

DM
Class of '91

#33 GuatemalanAg

GuatemalanAg

Graduate Assistant

• Maroon Supporter
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

Our program is on the rise but we still remain to turn the corner on national TV choke issues. OKie St deserved to win but we let them dictate the pace on the second half. We have the best RB tandem in the nation, why the f@ck did we abandon the run?!?! I'm just furious right now...I need another drink dang it!

#34 jagowar

jagowar

Assistant Coach

• Moderators
  • 11,106 posts
  • LocationCollege Station, TX

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

This is the first game DeRuyter coached horribly imo....  after the first td drive after halftime he should have laid off that edge blitz.... osu made FAR better adjustments at half and every time that came threw the underneath route to the blitzing side..... but the problem is we kept running the same blitz over and over.

Offensive playcalling was a joke too....  we should have just pounded them into submission with the run but for some insane reason we went away from it.

RT had his worst game as an aggie today....  horrible decisions and far too many int's.  We can't expect to beat very many teams when we commit 4 turnovers (and none of them needed to happen)
"Pretty women make you buy beer. Ugly women make you drink beer." -Al Bundy-

#35 dragonag517

dragonag517

All Conference

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

Turnovers and pass rush were the biggest issues in my opinion.  In the second half starting from the kickoff Weeden had a brick wall around him.  There was nothing to rush him so he had all day to pick us apart.  The McNeil fumble really hurt us.  He was wide open and up to midfield and then gives it back.  We needed to answer their drives for 10 points and we gave it right back to them instead.  At that point our defense got in trouble from being on the field too much.  And, I was very pissed at the two dead ball personal foul penalties we got that extended their drives.  Jonathan Stewart and Moore both cost us big at the wrong time.

Our pass protection broke down completely toward the end I have no idea what happened there.  It was almost carbon copy from last year.  OSU comes out fired up in the second half and we came flat.  Our players just had nothing for OSU.  We can always criticise the play calls and there's certainly room for that in this game but frankly I don't think it would have mattered what he called in the second half, our players just weren't in the game.

Even so, we still had a chance to win it in the end and Tannehill....I don't know what he saw from his angle but on the last interception there were two OSU guys in the area to where he was throwing.  I wasn't surprised that happend because toward the end of the game OSU kept creeping up the corners to try and jump that 5 and out route.  And it just caught up to us.

I could not believe OSU didn't go for 7 when they were 4th and 1 on our 1.  That was just unbelievable to me.  The score should have been worse since Justin Blackmon screwed his team out of a touchdown with that little stunt at the goal line fumbling through the end zone.

I'm pretty depressed at the moment.  But we lost to them last year and we still had a great season.  Maybe we can catch a break or two and beat Arkansas.  Do that and we restore whatever momentum we may have lost today.

#36 Pumchavas28

Pumchavas28

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationWard, AR

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:41 AM

View Postjagowar, on 24 September 2011 - 06:42 PM, said:

This is the first game DeRuyter coached horribly imo....  after the first td drive after halftime he should have laid off that edge blitz.... osu made FAR better adjustments at half and every time that came threw the underneath route to the blitzing side..... but the problem is we kept running the same blitz over and over.

Offensive playcalling was a joke too....  we should have just pounded them into submission with the run but for some insane reason we went away from it.

RT had his worst game as an aggie today....  horrible decisions and far too many int's.  We can't expect to beat very many teams when we commit 4 turnovers (and none of them needed to happen)

Agreed... He kept calling blitz after blitz, over & over again, slamming his head against that brick wall over & over again, and oSu ate it up. I kept screaming at the TV to STOP BLITZING!!!! After a while I would have been fine with DeRuyter mixing it up with nothing more than a 3 man rush & dropping 8 into coverage. He did it 1 time in the 2nd half & it almost resulted in a coverage sack & Weeden threw it away.. (Sigh)

#37 Pumchavas28

Pumchavas28

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationWard, AR

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:45 AM

View PostDavoM, on 24 September 2011 - 06:12 PM, said:

Well, I agree about our "offensive" offense tonight, but let's don't give the defense a pass.  The players were working hard the first half, but I don't think I've ever seen that many illegal substitution calls in my life.  I guess what I'm saying is our coaching was weak on both sides of the ball.

And then there's the refs.  No, they didn't cost us the game, but I noticed their parting gifts for us today:  No-calls that should clearly be called and calls that should have never been called.  Had we showed up in the second half, the refs wouldn't have mattered.  If we plan on playing any Big 12 teams close this year (like tonight), we should now be prepared for this.

Peace,

DM

The defense does hold it's fair share of the blame, but the subsitution mistakes in the 1st half were not around in the 2nd half. Those mistakes didn't cost A&M.

What hurt the Ags in the 2nd half was the offenses inability to stay on the damn field. I think 2 of A&M's drives in the 3rd quarter were literaly 2 plays long. 2 plays is not enough time for the defense to even try & come up with adjustments on the sidelines & it's sure as hell not long enough for the defense to get rested up. oSu was making 10 to 15 play drives in the 3rd quarter & that wore down the guys on defense A LOT.

I have to go back to it but had Sherman ran the ball with more Iso & Off Tackle plays instead of that crappy draw play he tried with Cyrus & then trying to sling it all over the field, the defense might have been able to benifit from that a bit more in the 2nd half. Would have had more time to rest, maybe the Defensive Coaches would have had enough time to make some kind of adjustment. Instead, the minute the defense took their helmets off, they were popping them right back on to go back out because of increadibly bad play calling by Sherman.

#38 Pumchavas28

Pumchavas28

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationWard, AR

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:46 AM

View Postdragonag517, on 24 September 2011 - 09:59 PM, said:

Our pass protection broke down completely toward the end I have no idea what happened there.  It was almost carbon copy from last year.  OSU comes out fired up in the second half and we came flat.  Our players just had nothing for OSU.  We can always criticise the play calls and there's certainly room for that in this game but frankly I don't think it would have mattered what he called in the second half, our players just weren't in the game.

Exhaustion

#39 Dustin00whoop

Dustin00whoop

Head Coach

• Silver Supporter
  • 21,072 posts
  • LocationPflugerville

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:13 AM

I agree with everything Pum has said. C-Mike had 5 carries for 58 yards on one drive in the 1st half & he doesn't touch the ball in the 2nd.  Your OL outweighed their DL by 35 lbs. per man on average. Hit them in the mouth time & time again. Wear them down. Tire them out & the 4th quarter is yours. Garbage! I really think Sherm needs to hire an OC. If nothing else, just for a checks & balances, to keep from 'getting caught up in the moment.'

I don't blame the defense. They were DEAD! I think OSU ran something like 40 plays in the 3RD QUARTER. We weren't even able to move their OL with our front 3 midway through the 3rd quarter. TD was blitzing because that was his only chance to get any pressure.  But, like Pum said, you have to realize that because your DL is gassed, picking up the blitz is too easy. Show blitz, back out of it, confuse Weeden, & get a pick for crying out loud.

And as if blowing this game wasn't enough...now all the losses due to injuries from this game.  Grrrrrrr!  I really hope some guys step up to hold down the fort & we don't let this game ruin our entire season.

#40 Mezentius

Mezentius

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

My biggest concern was the total abandonment of what looked to be a team identity of physical football on the offensive side of the ball.  It's almost like Sherman was completely out of rhythym.
I hide, I seek, I go and I find
Truth in a fable, belief in a rhyme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users