39 replies to this topic

#1 Pumchavas28

Pumchavas28

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationWard, AR

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

Last Big XII Season opener for A&M!!! Make it a good one & beat oSu!!!!!

:towel: :flag: :towel: :flag: :towel: :flag:

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know

that counts." Paul "Bear" Bryant

"A&M Wins Period!!!!!!!!" Pumchavas28

#2 jagowar

jagowar

Assistant Coach

• Moderators
  • 11,106 posts
  • LocationCollege Station, TX

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

Looking forward to it.... should be a good game.  Just wish it had gotten the night timeslot.... there is something about a night game at kyle that makes it a bit more epic feeling.

We are going to find out this weekend which one of us will challenge ou for the big12 and vault to a top5 team.
"Pretty women make you buy beer. Ugly women make you drink beer." -Al Bundy-

#3 GuatemalanAg

GuatemalanAg

Graduate Assistant

• Maroon Supporter
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

Time for Coach Sherman to get his 1st win over Okie St! This is college FB's best game of the week folks, make no mistake about it y'all, people will tune in. We are ready for this, Hell Yeah!!! :flag: :gig: :towel:

#4 12th man fan

12th man fan

All Conference

• Members
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:52 AM

We're due for a win in this series.  I'm tired of winning the battle but losing the war every year because we make some stupid mistake or mistakes.

Gundy was on the radio the other day and said it well - whoever makes the fewest mistakes, and can sustain a running game, will probably win this one.

Home game, national TV - it's time for this team to step up, rise to the occassion, and win a big game on the tube.

#5 Dustin00whoop

Dustin00whoop

Head Coach

• Silver Supporter
  • 21,072 posts
  • LocationPflugerville

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:45 AM

We held them to 200 yards below their season average last year despite our 5 TOs & playing in Stoolwater.  I just don't see us giving the ball away like that this time around.  I don't expect the shoot-out that everyone is expecting.  That over of 69 is way too high, IMO.  I'm thinking we shut them down offensively & this time they don't score 38 because we don't give them the short field.

If Kaser is the real deal, which I think he is, & he is healthy, he could be the game changer that we have been missing on STs.  We need a guy who can flip the field with a swing of his leg & that 68 yarder showed he can do that.  I just hope he is ready for the big stage.

35-24

#6 DavoM

DavoM

Redshirt Freshman

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

I was real surprised to see that GameDay was not in College Station this week.  It seems they'll be in Morgantown trying to convince themselves that WV vs LSU is the best matchup this Saturday.  Fraid not.

I know many of you live in the Big 12 TV market and you worry week to week how you will figure out watching the Aggies, but I do.  You can imagine my excitment when I found out last night that the big game will be carried on my local ABC station down here in Florida.  I for one am looking forward to the move to the SEC for the TV implications alone.

BTW, the Dallas Morning News has a story today about Beebe getting the axe soon.

Peace,

DM
Class of '91

#7 jagowar

jagowar

Assistant Coach

• Moderators
  • 11,106 posts
  • LocationCollege Station, TX

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:25 PM

the tv coverage will be infinitely better once we are in the sec....

I am looking forward to seeing how they spin it on gameday (even they can't ignore a top10 matchup)....  they did the same thing last year with the nebraska game (I think it was nebraska) and wanting to cover the epic fail known as the game at wrigley when it should have been here.
"Pretty women make you buy beer. Ugly women make you drink beer." -Al Bundy-

#8 DavoM

DavoM

Redshirt Freshman

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:51 PM

Yup, I do remember that now that you said something.  They gotta beef against us?

Peace,

DM
Class of '91

#9 Pumchavas28

Pumchavas28

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationWard, AR

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:57 PM

Did ya'll watch CFB Live yesterday??? The hate for A&M was blatantly obvious, they said they were going to talk about Ark/Bama, LSU/WVU & oSu/A&M... They did WVU/LSU 1st, then went over Ark/Bama... Then just dismissed the oSu/A&M game completely & said we'll get to that game later, that was it...

I just laughed... Couldn't believe how dismissive ESPN was about the whole thing...

#10 Pumchavas28

Pumchavas28

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationWard, AR

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:57 PM

View PostDavoM, on 22 September 2011 - 12:51 PM, said:

Yup, I do remember that now that you said something.  They gotta beef against us?

Peace,

DM

Yes, they are pissed at the way ESPN has walked away from tu & by extension the LHN they are funding.

#11 Mezentius

Mezentius

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:30 PM

I just don't buy the ESPN hate of us...they make way more money off their ESPN contract than they ever will off of the LHN...

Grudges, hate, conspiracies are the actions of individuals....ESPN is a part of a much larger, publicly traded multinational conglomerate that is currently valued at $60.3B and generates north of $38b in revenues/year (3.9b in profit)

Their investment in the LHN is reportedly tied in large part to viewers...ratings...etc.  Essentially it's an incentive based payout and even though they over spent they are still only spending what $7m/year on average.

They spent $2b for their contact with the SEC plust $250m or so for the Big East over 6 years (the latter applies in regards to this game given that WVU is the home team).

While I don't agree with our game being on at 2:30...ratings dictate that the LSU game will draw better simply because a known SEC team will be playing and that will draw far more national eyes and essentially locks in every state below the Mason Dixon line.

IMO the antidote to not having a game like this on prime time (join the SEC) and/or start making our 2010 record a regular thing.
I hide, I seek, I go and I find
Truth in a fable, belief in a rhyme

#12 Pumchavas28

Pumchavas28

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationWard, AR

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:15 PM

You may not believe it, but you have to wonder why ESPN's ticker is saying "A&M's defense has forced only one 3 & out this season (fewest in NCAA)."

Um... I pretty sure that's a lie, but it's on TV on ESPN... Mmmmm...

#13 Mezentius

Mezentius

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

I'm happy that the ticker says anything about A&M...no such thing as bad publicity.

We win on Saturday and that sets us up for some pretty big games the rest of the way....
I hide, I seek, I go and I find
Truth in a fable, belief in a rhyme

#14 whitelightnin_23

whitelightnin_23

Head Coach

• Members
  • 18,516 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

View PostMezentius, on 22 September 2011 - 01:30 PM, said:

I just don't buy the ESPN hate of us...they make way more money off their ESPN contract than they ever will off of the LHN...

Grudges, hate, conspiracies are the actions of individuals....ESPN is a part of a much larger, publicly traded multinational conglomerate that is currently valued at $60.3B and generates north of $38b in revenues/year (3.9b in profit)

Their investment in the LHN is reportedly tied in large part to viewers...ratings...etc.  Essentially it's an incentive based payout and even though they over spent they are still only spending what $7m/year on average.

They spent $2b for their contact with the SEC plust $250m or so for the Big East over 6 years (the latter applies in regards to this game given that WVU is the home team).

While I don't agree with our game being on at 2:30...ratings dictate that the LSU game will draw better simply because a known SEC team will be playing and that will draw far more national eyes and essentially locks in every state below the Mason Dixon line.

IMO the antidote to not having a game like this on prime time (join the SEC) and/or start making our 2010 record a regular thing.

I actually disagree...it's an investment. Just because it won't "tank their company"...doesn't mean they don't value it & seek to protect it (in theory by taking strides to make A&M look bad).

I think they have a good incentive to 1) promote the infidels and 2) negatively spin a school (now turning into schools) who has said "enough"

btw...LONG TIME NO SEE!!! What's up AF?

#15 Pumchavas28

Pumchavas28

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationWard, AR

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

View PostMezentius, on 22 September 2011 - 03:43 PM, said:

I'm happy that the ticker says anything about A&M...no such thing as bad publicity.

We win on Saturday and that sets us up for some pretty big games the rest of the way....

C'mon Mez, to go out and say the Ags have had only 1 defensive 3 & out when they had 7 alone against Idaho is a bit blatant & quite bothersome IMO. How often has anyone EVER seen ESiPN make a mistake that blatant & not correct it? I mean that has been on their ticker all day long & not one correction.

#16 JDThirstyAg

JDThirstyAg

Redshirt Freshman

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

Just win.

Repeat, just win.  Things then fall into place.

Wow, an appearance by whitelightnin'...

#17 DavoM

DavoM

Redshirt Freshman

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:57 AM

View PostJDThirstyAg, on 22 September 2011 - 10:12 PM, said:

Just win.

Excellent point.  We have a reputation for the big games on a national stage and the reputation ain't a good one.

Oh, I realize we are leaving anyway, but I won't miss Beebe.

Peace,

DM
Class of '91

#18 Pumchavas28

Pumchavas28

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationWard, AR

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:52 AM

View PostJDThirstyAg, on 22 September 2011 - 10:12 PM, said:

Just win.

Wow, an appearance by whitelightnin'...

Winning wont change ESPN's opinion of A&M or at the very least, their distain considering they have a Network w/ A&M's largest rival & A&M did the right thing & got out of dodge because of that Network. Not to mention that A&M turned down an offer to join tu in that Network deal.

#19 adamrod

adamrod

Team Captain

• Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:18 AM

I'm still a little dumbfounded that they skipped College Station for Gameday from even just a strictly sports-reporting standpoint.  They would be right in the middle of conference realignment, they have 2 of the best offenses in a potential shoot out, a heisman dark horse or 2, and probable Big 12 conference title implications and outside national championship possibilities.  Unless they're planning to be in Dallas next week (again) or CS for the Missouri game, I don't understand why they chose to cover LSU again, especially since that LSU/Bama game could be a prime target.

#20 12th man fan

12th man fan

All Conference

• Members
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:29 PM

Perhaps it's the rep that we always lose those big games on national TV that caused Gameday to pass on College Station for this game - who knows.  I woul djust like for us to beat oSu in a well-played game by both sides, and make them regret they passed us over.

As mentioned above, winning cures a lot of things. Eventually even ESPN will come around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users