#1 BAGGIO

BAGGIO

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 6,303 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:04 AM

Why we could do it:

First 3 games : gimmes

osu: that flash in the pan is done, and despite the last two years we own them.

arkansas: Our young team will be a year more developed and not have the big game jitters. We should have run away with it last year. No turnovers this year.

Mizzou, Kansas, Tech: The only one of these 3 that will give us a problem is Mizzou, and I think we will be favored going into that game.

OU: We got them at home and it remains to be seen how they will respond after last season. Their QB is TERRIBLE. This is our most likely loss.

Baylor: gimme

NU: Worst offense I have ever seen in the big 12 besides our's in shermans first year. Our offense is good enough to score alot on any defense, even theirs.

Texas: losing everybody. I cant even name a play maker on their team.

Not saying we win all of em, but 10 wins is very possible, 8-9 wins is likely.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 pearland aggie93

pearland aggie93

All American

• Members
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:26 AM

BAGGIO said:

Why we could do it:

arkansas: Our young team will be a year more developed and not have the big game jitters. We should have run away with it last year. No turnovers this year.

Mizzou, Kansas, Tech: The only one of these 3 that will give us a problem is Mizzou, and I think we will be favored going into that game.

OU: We got them at home and it remains to be seen how they will respond after last season. Their QB is TERRIBLE. This is our most likely loss.

NU: Worst offense I have ever seen in the big 12 besides our's in shermans first year. Our offense is good enough to score alot on any defense, even theirs.

no way yall beat texas especially  at DKR

#3 KCAggie

KCAggie

Graduate Assistant

• White Supporter
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:49 AM

SFA, Louisiana Tech, Florida International, Mizzou, KU, tech, and Baylor are games we should win.  OSU has recruited well and even though they are losing playmakers, the game is still in Stillwater.  Arky is a toss up and until we actually beat OU, I'm convinced we won't.  We would have a much better chance if we had them at the beginning of the year when they will be very young.  I think Nebraska is a better team but we have them at home.  I'm seeing them as darkhorse national title contenders but the game is winnable.  I don't see us beating tu in Austin.  Their freshman class alone probably has more talent then our entire team and by the end of the year will be playing well.  

If we can get 2 out of the 5 against OSU, Nebraska, tu, OU and Arky, then 9 wins is very realistic.

#4 BAGGIO

BAGGIO

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 6,303 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:55 AM

pearland aggie93 said:

no way yall beat texas especially  at DKR

see: 12-7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 CoolaidWade

CoolaidWade

Graduate Assistant

• White Supporter
  • 7,245 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:25 PM

i'm surprised arkansas got such a crappy recruiting haul this year.  they are barely in the top 50 if you put much stock in rankings.  even baylor outrecruited them.

are they really rebuilding that much?  this is as strong as they have ever been even with the guys they are losing.  their bench on defense will kill our first string.  not to mention this class they brought in isn't that bad, eh?

texas will dominate for years to come.  i think we are coming back but you know damn well we're not on their level.  we need to just play out of our effing mind and skill levels like we did at Kyle last year to come close every year for the next 2 or 3.  That being said, I think we can do it but def no gimme.

Edited by CoolaidWade, 07 February 2010 - 12:30 PM.

#6 Burnetaggie99

Burnetaggie99

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

Depends now who is OC. With NC gone to the pros how are the WR's going to play and how much imput did he have on game planning with the offense. I really think he called the plays and Sherman helped with the scheme and game management but NC called the game.

#7 BAGGIO

BAGGIO

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 6,303 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:36 PM

By no means do I think the tu game is a gimme. Of course they have better talent than us on the defensive side of the ball. I do think our offense is better than theirs. I was just trying to make the point that alot of these games are very winnable.

I dont think anyone would pick the Ags to upset tu in austin, but that game is still winnable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 Conan

Conan

All Conference

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

No more excuses.  We should be competitive by now.  If we're not, I think that Sherman will have done a poor job.  3 seasons in and it's time to win.  Sherman must win 8 games minimum for me, personally, to be satisfied.

I also predict 8 wins, so I expect to be satisfied.

There are a number of games where I personally feel like a loss is inexcusable.  Those games are SFA, Louisiana Tech, Florida International, Kansas and Baylor.  Under no circumstances should we lose a game to any of these opponents.  You don't even have to be good to win these games; these 5 potential wins won't mean anything... unless we lose.

The toughest games will be Nebraska, OU, Texas and Arkansas.  These are the games we must win to move up.  Sitting around every year and looking at these types of teams as "long shot" victories is no longer acceptable.  We must be competitive against top opponents if we are looking to win the conference or finish a season with a little respect.  A blowout loss is more inexcusable now than in the last 2 seasons.

Missouri, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State are teams I feel we should beat.  Maybe we won't sweep these guys, but a loss should be unexpected and heartbreaking.  I'm not sure Texas Tech will even be in this category, but they hired a very good coach and still like to play us tough.  Missouri and OSU are teams that haven't proved a lot (ever) and I feel like this is the year our program should pass them up for good.  I don't feel like we should be equal to these programs for any reason.

I'm sure this post was stating the obvious in many ways.  However, 8 is the number I'm stuck on.

#9 Burnetaggie99

Burnetaggie99

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:04 PM

I think 8 games is a must. I would say 10 can be done, with most of our hard games played at home expect osu and tu and Arkie at jerry world. Defend kyle field and thats 7 wins right there.

#10 pearland aggie93

pearland aggie93

All American

• Members
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

BAGGIO said:

see: 12-7

lets see the last time yall played at DKR-49-9

#11 BAGGIO

BAGGIO

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 6,303 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:14 PM

christ, youre dumb.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 KCAggie

KCAggie

Graduate Assistant

• White Supporter
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:16 PM

Funny how pearland was an Aggie fan with 12-7.

#13 BAGGIO

BAGGIO

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 6,303 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:19 PM

you mean he wasnt saying "we" and "us" when colt mccoy was being carried off the field?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 Burnetaggie99

Burnetaggie99

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:19 PM

I think we beat tu in Austin but thats just me. The 49 - 9 game was Sherman's first year and that wasn't really a team because the team had no identity, no heart, or played together.  The last good team that went to austin was the McGee lead team.  I expect JJ and Co. to roll into austin and get it done, just like McGee did 3 years ago.

#15 Mezentius

Mezentius

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:32 PM

If the defense comes together a bit then I think 9 or 10 is doable.  I think beating tu at home will be serious chore just due to the talent level in Austin...I think OU will be very beatable imo.

If the defense struggles then the O has to pitch shutouts essentially and that will probably lead to a loss to a team we should lead to and a 7-5 or 8-4 type season.
I hide, I seek, I go and I find
Truth in a fable, belief in a rhyme

#16 12th man fan

12th man fan

All Conference

• Members
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:29 PM

Mez,

I'm expecting the defense to continue struggling this year.  They may improve slightly but not remarkably.  Hope I'm wrong about that, though.

I'm gonna say 8-4 this year.

#17 muybonita

muybonita

Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:34 PM

BAGGIO said:

Actually they are suffering a few key losses rather than losing everybody. Their backups are better than most teams frontline players any how. Plenty play makers coming back. And we play them at Austin.

#18 BAGGIO

BAGGIO

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 6,303 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:36 PM

Im not saying texas isnt talented. No one could argue that. But they will have to find an entirely new identity.

Edited by BAGGIO, 07 February 2010 - 09:57 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#19 The Massacre

The Massacre

Assistant Coach

• Silver Supporter
  • 11,360 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:56 PM

a completely new defensive staff.... i say we win 7 games next year.
"if we go 4-0 in our last 4 games of this season, i will be so excited that i will never post another negative comment about A&M football on this site again."

#20 CaliHornia

CaliHornia

All American

• Members
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:50 PM

BAGGIO said:

Why we could do it:

You guys might well win 10 games.  Hell, you might go undefeated.  

But you really crawled up into a ball in your bowl game.  And you got the absolute **** kicked out of you three times last year.  And none of the teams that did it were worldbeaters.

I just don't understand how you can be pencilling in any win as easy.  Hell, I don't understand how you can be pencilling in any win.

For all you guys know, the JJ that showed up against KSU and Arky will be the QB that shows up next year in most of your games.

As good as we have been and as consistent as we have been I will not look at any game on our schedule as a win right now.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users