• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#21 AustinAG07

AustinAG07

Team Captain

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:42 PM

I can't believe people are defending Leach. With all we are learning about football concussions, you can't punish a young player for missing practice like this. It is dangerous and it sets a really bad example for high school players and younger. I know he didn't harm James by putting him in that room, but he made every other player think twice about sitting out with a head injury. And then he acted like he did nothing wrong and that James was whining. That is unacceptable. He absolutely should have been fired. Good riddance.

#22 legelegel

legelegel

Oklahoma City

• White Supporter
  • 7,115 posts
  • Location35°28′56.28″N 97°32′6.72″W

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:44 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 DCAggie

DCAggie

All American

• Members
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:45 PM

Scoreboard.

#24 Superaggie79

Superaggie79

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

AustinAG07 said:

I can't believe people are defending Leach. With all we are learning about football concussions, you can't punish a young player for missing practice like this. It is dangerous and it sets a really bad example for high school players and younger. I know he didn't harm James by putting him in that room, but he made every other player think twice about sitting out with a head injury. And then he acted like he did nothing wrong and that James was whining. That is unacceptable. He absolutely should have been fired. Good riddance.

This goes back to was he ever really diagnosed or tell them he had symptoms. Apparently leach wasn't the only one that felt he was lying.
but anyways, i think this is a bad policy....-we're just gonna look like every other board...people are gonna start putting up quotes as their sigs, -WESTXAG

#25 Vlyrock

Vlyrock

Head Coach

• Administrators
  • 18,303 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

I feel bad for Leach.  While I hate Texas tech and hope they lose every game...I always thought leach was hilarious.  To be fired for this is absolutely asinine.  So the kid had to hang out i'm a dark room.  How in any way was this bad for the kids welfare?  What kind of message does this send?  If the coach pokes you to hard or slaps your helmet, go to the AD and get him fired.  The inmates are running the prison now.  I'd love to see techs players defend leach by not playing in the bowl game.  Stand on the sideline and not take the field.

#26 Vlyrock

Vlyrock

Head Coach

• Administrators
  • 18,303 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:52 PM

If it comes out that it really was harmful to James, I'll retract my post.  I just feel it's a ploy by the James family to gt their son to SMU

#27 legelegel

legelegel

Oklahoma City

• White Supporter
  • 7,115 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:56 PM

The spot light now turns on the Adam James. I'm betting this was not what he wanted exactly when he called his Dad.

http://www.texastech...mes_adam00.html

Posted Image

#28 legelegel

legelegel

Oklahoma City

• White Supporter
  • 7,115 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:06 PM

If James was suffering from a concussion, what Leach did to him did not hurt him. If he wasn't suffering from a concussion Leach made an example of him for others. Looks to me like Leach property hedged his bet, except for the point made by AustinAG07.

AustinAG07 said:

... With all we are learning about football concussions, you can't punish a young player for missing practice like this. It is dangerous and it sets a really bad example for high school players and younger. I know he didn't harm James by putting him in that room, but he made every other player think twice about sitting out with a head injury.

#29 Loftin

Loftin

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 13,851 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:10 PM

AWolf02 said:

Not really when he was 7-2 against us.

Do you understand what it means to have scoreboard?  It means you won the last game.  Texas has a winning record on us in the all-time series, but when we beat them 12-7 we had scoreboard for a year.  Until Leach is hired by another Aggie opponent and beats us with that team, we have scoreboard on him.
"I know during the game that I get stronger as I get the ball more. It's wearing down the defense."  -Jorvorskie Lane
"We don't believe in moral victories" - Chris Walker

#30 AWolf02

AWolf02

All American

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:17 PM

Loftin said:

Do you understand what it means to have scoreboard?  It means you won the last game.  Texas has a winning record on us in the all-time series, but when we beat them 12-7 we had scoreboard for a year.  Until Leach is hired by another Aggie opponent and beats us with that team, we have scoreboard on him.

Thanks for pointing that out Loftin.

What I am saying is who gives a sh!t about scoreboard when you get dominated by a coach like that.

#31 legelegel

legelegel

Oklahoma City

• White Supporter
  • 7,115 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:27 PM

Will Leach be the next Kentucky head coach if Rich Brooks has a bad 8th year in Lexington?

Edited by legelegel, 30 December 2009 - 02:31 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Pflugerville Ag

Pflugerville Ag

Head Coach

• White Supporter
  • 18,988 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

Couldn't happen to a better school.  

If Leach and his coaches didn't like James' attitude and work ethic, then suspend him, don't lock him in a room.
The following is a conversation that took place during P-Ville's Bachelor Party Weekend on June 21, 2003 at 6:30am after Dustin and P-Ville finished a 1.75L of Captain Morgan's.  

P-Ville:  "Dustin, what the hell are you doing?"
Dustin:  "Shut up, I'm trying to turn on Sportscenter!"
P-Ville: "Dustin, dumbass, that's not a TV, that's the dresser."
Dustin:  "Oh shit!"

Posted Image

#33 BAGGIO

BAGGIO

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 6,303 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:48 PM

June Jones at tt would be awful, I hope they promote from within.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#34 texags08

texags08

All American

• Maroon Supporter
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:49 PM

Tweet from Liucci, not really that funny...

@billyliucci    Maybe the Ags should put Adam James on scholarship simply as a 'thank you' for leach leaving lubbock...i'm just sayin'

#35 AustinAG07

AustinAG07

Team Captain

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

The way Leach handled this situation after it broke in the media was terrible.

Perhaps he didn't know that James didn't have a concussion. Well, say you didn't know, that is was a mistake, and you would have handled it differently. Don't call the player a wuss and filed an injunction against the school.

Again, no one is trying to argue that Leach harmed the kid by putting him in a closet, but football is doing some real soul searching right now about the effects of concussions and you can't be seen as discouraging kids from sitting out of practice if they have one. That is a dangerous precedent to make.

By being so stubborn, Leach lost his job, and is really hurting his chances of finding another one.

#36 GuatemalanAg

GuatemalanAg

Graduate Assistant

• Maroon Supporter
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:57 PM

whitelightnin_23 said:

Posted Image
:laugh::laugh::laugh: :rep:

#37 Slotback

Slotback

Graduate Assistant

• Maroon Supporter
  • 7,727 posts
  • LocationOut on the wing.

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:20 PM

legelegel said:

Will Leach be the next Kentucky head coach if Rich Brooks has a bad 8th year in Lexington?

No. Joker Phillips, the OC is HC in waiting. Brooks has indicated that he probably won't be back, but the AD is trying to get him to change his mind.
Who Dares Wins.

#38 Mezentius

Mezentius

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:45 PM

Superaggie79 said:

This goes back to was he ever really diagnosed or tell them he had symptoms. Apparently leach wasn't the only one that felt he was lying.

I think there is some he said she said...but Leach and his lawyer are walking the line of violating all kinds of HIPPA stuff by even getting close to talking specifics of a players injuries without permission.

Perception is reality in a situation like this.  If a player is complaining of concussion like symptoms I just don't see how anyone would do anything outside the norm of accepted treatment practices given the liability of a screw up.
I hide, I seek, I go and I find
Truth in a fable, belief in a rhyme

#39 Loftin

Loftin

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 13,851 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:44 PM

BAGGIO said:

June Jones at tt would be awful, I hope they promote from within.

I don't.  It's the only chance they have to hold onto any lingering effects of the Leach Era.  I'm also hoping they can't lure Art Briles, though I must admit I'd enjoy watching the fallout at Baylor if he did.  Briles is dangerous to us with his offense, and I think his chances are better at TTU than BU.
"I know during the game that I get stronger as I get the ball more. It's wearing down the defense."  -Jorvorskie Lane
"We don't believe in moral victories" - Chris Walker

#40 macduff93

macduff93

All American

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

It's been a bad day for pirates then? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users