• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WesTxAg

WesTxAg

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 8,680 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:49 AM

surprised no one talked about the high schools this weekend.

Abilene High just spanked the #1 team in the state and 3rd-ranked team in the nation

Abilene 41 - Cedar Hill 17

Another story line of that game is A&M-commit Ben Malena didn't do much and actually got stuffed 3 straight times at the AHS 1-yard line.  Meanwhile, uncommitted AHS RB Herschel Sims ran for 274 yards on 30 carries and 4 TD's.  The AHS backup(probably a D-2 or mid-major prospect) ran for 126 yards as well.

Malena had 5 yards on 4 carries--might be because of an injury.

#2 Slotback

Slotback

Graduate Assistant

• Maroon Supporter
  • 7,723 posts
  • LocationOut on the wing.

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:31 PM

I know that Malena has had some injuries this season, but I was surprised to see Cedar Hill get pasted.
Who Dares Wins.

#3 ridersfan06

ridersfan06

All Conference

• Members
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:23 PM

Southlake Carroll got stomped by Arlington Bowie last night.  I guess thats not too suprising since Carroll played a double overtime game last weekend.

#4 aggie07

aggie07

All Conference

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:27 AM

I watched the Dallas Skyline - Cypress Woods game last night. And Cypress Woods, my cousin's team, pulled off the upset.

I have to admit as a team,Skyline didn't look very cohesive but, individually, Corey Nelson, Dominique Patterson and Mike Davis are very good.

Corey Nelson is extremely fast. Dominique actually looked better than Nelson this game. The best player though was Mike Davis. He had an amazing catch for a TD. No one could stop him. But Skyline's offensive line deteriorated and their QB started making stupid mistakes.... a lot of them. And that cost them the game.

#5 ridersfan06

ridersfan06

All Conference

• Members
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:14 PM

I saw a good 3A game last night. Lovejoy took down Prosper. Prosper was the defending 3A state champ and this is Lovejoys 2nd varsity season. Pretty good for a program in its 2nd season to take down the defending state champ.

#6 WesTxAg

WesTxAg

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 8,680 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

Impressive.  But Lovejoy is going to get slaughtered next week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users