• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Burnetaggie99

Burnetaggie99

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:36 PM

Shipley is a winner and can coach'em up well and I also like his Spread offense. Burnet had Brownwood beat but Shipley was the better coach and it paid off in that Burnet Brownwood game. How in the world did Brownwood not go Div 1 is my question?

#22 WesTxAg

WesTxAg

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 8,680 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:52 PM

the thing that has amazed me the most is not that they had offensive stars in a spread offense and score points, but that they shored up an AWFUL defense (last year) and turned them in to closers.  

they weren't good the first four games, but the second half of the season, they really impressed me.

as far as D1....one answer: Wylie.  They're always like ten people below the 4a line

#23 Burnetaggie99

Burnetaggie99

Graduate Assistant

• Members
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:59 PM

The DC is also a very good coach that was here in Burnet with Shipley. He runs a 4-4 Split Defense that gets results. Burnet under Shipley always had a salty defense. Shipley has kept most of his staff together the coaches that were here at Burnet and it has really paid off for ya'll. Ya'll will do great things under Shipley and what ever you do make sure you keep him happy unlike the council didn't do here in Burnet. I forgot about Wylie but didn't Brownwood beat Wylie this year? I think Burnet can beat them if we play like we should.

#24 WesTxAg

WesTxAg

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 8,680 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:06 AM

naw.  Wylie stomped them in Brownwood.  Then Graham beat Wylie(hurt QB).  Brownwood shocked Graham with a blocked extra point

Not really a fan of Brownwood's.  I'd rather see Wylie win in that district...I just get excited when it's uber-competitive.  Huge fan of coach Rogers at Snyder, as well

Edited by WesTxAg, 15 November 2009 - 02:13 AM.

#25 DecadePlan

DecadePlan

Team Captain

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:11 AM

Saw the end of the Euless Trinity 88-27 pasting of Flower Mound today. Holy crapoly!!
Texas A&M Classes of '84-'87...I earned this handle! (and use '87 officially since I actually didn't mature all that time):cheers:

#26 pearland aggie93

pearland aggie93

All American

• Members
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:12 PM

woodlands escaped klein forest winning 32-31 in OT

a big game defending state champions allen faces southlake carroll

atasocita faces defending state champion katy

dawson faces houston westbury.... anyone else who knows who there school will face post it?

Edited by pearland aggie93, 15 November 2009 - 09:14 PM.

#27 ridersfan06

ridersfan06

All Conference

• Members
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:56 PM

I was at Cowboys Stadium for the playoffs yesterday. Got there at halftime of the Trinity vs Flourmound game and it was 55-27 I think.  If Trinity wanted too, they would have destroyed the state record for points scored in a playoff game.  They put in their 3rd string qb and had him take a knee each down to keep from scoring.  With half of the 4th qtr to go, they had 88 points.  They missed 3 pats.  The three other games were all blowouts.  Southlake thumped Colleyville Heritage 55-7.  The closest game was Coppell beating Keller by 20.

#28 ridersfan06

ridersfan06

All Conference

• Members
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:05 PM

I was At Cowboys Stadium for the Allen vs Southlake Carroll double overtime classic.  With one second left on the clock, Allen was on Southlake's 27 yard line.  The Allen qb had to get a low snap, scramble around some, then the Allen reciever had to make a diving catch in the endzone with no time left on the clock to send the game into overtime.  Both Teams scored on each possesion in overtime.  The difference in the game was a missed two point conversion by Allen in the 2nd overtime.  The final score was 35-34  Southlake carroll.

#29 whitelightnin_23

whitelightnin_23

Head Coach

• Members
  • 18,516 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:38 PM

Edna lost to the LaGrange whore-lovers...good run for them...

#30 DCAggie

DCAggie

All American

• Members
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:24 PM

Cam Jones had a pretty good season for Edna.  Tough loss, but LaGrange has been pretty good lately.

#31 AustinAG07

AustinAG07

Team Captain

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:45 PM

Westlake beat Converse Judson 43-17 on Friday. Next victim: Harlingen.

#32 Dustin00whoop

Dustin00whoop

Head Coach

• Silver Supporter
  • 21,072 posts
  • LocationPflugerville

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:49 PM

My father-in-law graduated from La Grange...needless to say, he is pretty stoked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users