• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#41 WesTxAg

WesTxAg

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 8,680 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:24 AM

Ab Wylie, play-action TD pass with :08 left to win tonight, 31-27, over Lovejoy.

Wylie: plays Gilmer next week for 3A state title
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#42 pearland aggie93

pearland aggie93

All American

• Members
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:30 PM

wow yall still wont say dawson is good even though we are one of the top 4 best teams in 4A in the state of Texas...

:headslap:

#43 AWolf02

AWolf02

All American

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:03 PM

pearland aggie93 said:

ok lake travis is slow though.... they almost lost in the second round and barely won last night but 14  so we are really confident and we can be state champs

How is winning by 14 barely winning?

#44 AWolf02

AWolf02

All American

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:07 PM

pearland aggie93 said:

wow yall still wont say dawson is good even though we are one of the top 4 best teams in 4A in the state of Texas...

:headslap:

How do you figure that?

#45 pearland aggie93

pearland aggie93

All American

• Members
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:28 PM

AWolf02 said:

How do you figure that?

because there are only 4 teams left in the 4A state playoffs and we are one of them

#46 pearland aggie93

pearland aggie93

All American

• Members
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:28 PM

AWolf02 said:

How is winning by 14 barely winning?

because they were 24 point favorites.... so lake travis is not unbeatable

#47 AWolf02

AWolf02

All American

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:26 PM

pearland aggie93 said:

because there are only 4 teams left in the 4A state playoffs and we are one of them

Are you sure there is only 4?

#48 ridersfan06

ridersfan06

All Conference

• Members
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:44 PM

Remember, each classification is divided into divisions, 1 and 2 so there are 8 teams left in each classification

#49 pearland aggie93

pearland aggie93

All American

• Members
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:57 PM

ok so we are one of the top 8 teams in class 4A in the state of texas? and yet yall have no respect for us..... not likes your HS could do better in there 2nd year of varsity

#50 DCAggie

DCAggie

All American

• Members
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:05 PM

My HS's second season didn't have 4 teams going to the playoffs.  As far as I'm concerned, your team's season shoulda ended a month ago.  A team w/ that many district losses aint' worth bragging about.

#51 pearland aggie93

pearland aggie93

All American

• Members
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

DCAggie said:

My HS's second season didn't have 4 teams going to the playoffs. As far as I'm concerned, your team's season shoulda ended a month ago. A team w/ that many district losses aint' worth bragging about.

so 2 losses is alot??? since when and since we are in the toughest 4A district in the state of texas i'd say we did pretty good... so is your HS still in playoffs?

#52 DCAggie

DCAggie

All American

• Members
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:25 PM

No, they weren't the district champions, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.  How can you be the best team in the state or region, if you're not  the best in your district?  Yes, two losses is district is a lot.  That means there are 2 better teams in a small geographic area.  Which means your team sucks.  Which means your playoff run is a fluke.

#53 Vlyrock

Vlyrock

Head Coach

• Administrators
  • 18,303 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

DCAggie said:

No, they weren't the district champions, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. How can you be the best team in the state or region, if you're not the best in your district? Yes, two losses is district is a lot. That means there are 2 better teams in a small geographic area. Which means your team sucks. Which means your playoff run is a fluke.
Isn't that the argument for playoffs in college though? It's not how your season went, it's how you're playing now. If you have young guys early in the season, you may take your lumps early - but when they grow, gel and start clicking and begin playing the best football in the region/distriction/nation - that's what matters.

At least in high school and every other version of football not called NCAA FBS, those teams get a shot to prove it.  It's definitely better than handpicking the 2 teams you "think" are the best based on name more often than results.

#54 Loftin

Loftin

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 13,851 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:56 PM

Vlyrock said:

Isn't that the argument for playoffs in college though? It's not how your season went, it's how you're playing now. If you have young guys early in the season, you may take your lumps early - but when they grow, gel and start clicking and begin playing the best football in the region/distriction/nation - that's what matters.

At least in high school and every other version of football not called NCAA FBS, those teams get a shot to prove it.  It's definitely better than handpicking the 2 teams you "think" are the best based on name more often than results.

Unlike the NCAA's division I-A, UIL has no controversy about the champion.  If you are the best team, you will prove it in a playoff.
"I know during the game that I get stronger as I get the ball more. It's wearing down the defense."  -Jorvorskie Lane
"We don't believe in moral victories" - Chris Walker

#55 DCAggie

DCAggie

All American

• Members
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:04 AM

Loftin said:

Unlike the NCAA's division I-A, UIL has no controversy about the champion.  If you are the best team, you will prove it in a playoff.

My post had nothing to do with college football.  It just seems bizarre that you could crown someone state champion after they finished third in their district.  Or fourth, since 4 teams go to the playoffs.  As for college, that seems pretty strange too.  If you can't win your conference, then you're not the best team in the country.  3 games in an 8 team playoff shouldn't trump a whole season.  I understand your argument about gelling, but that doesn't really apply to high school, since most schools play 4 or so games before district that have no effect on anything.

Also, I think that having two separate playoff systems within a classification creates plenty of controversy.  There's no true champion.  It's ridiculous.

Edited by DCAggie, 07 December 2009 - 09:07 AM.

#56 WesTxAg

WesTxAg

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 8,680 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:28 PM

DCAggie said:

No, they weren't the district champions, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.  How can you be the best team in the state or region, if you're not  the best in your district?  Yes, two losses is district is a lot.  That means there are 2 better teams in a small geographic area.  Which means your team sucks.  Which means your playoff run is a fluke.
2 divisions...

for instance, Wylie & Graham are both in the final 4 even though they're from the same district
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#57 Pflugerville Ag

Pflugerville Ag

Head Coach

• White Supporter
  • 18,988 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

pearland aggie93 said:

because they were 24 point favorites.... so lake travis is not unbeatable

First, since when does HS publish lines on games?

About Lake Travis being unbeatable, tell that to the last 44 teams that have played them.
The following is a conversation that took place during P-Ville's Bachelor Party Weekend on June 21, 2003 at 6:30am after Dustin and P-Ville finished a 1.75L of Captain Morgan's.  

P-Ville:  "Dustin, what the hell are you doing?"
Dustin:  "Shut up, I'm trying to turn on Sportscenter!"
P-Ville: "Dustin, dumbass, that's not a TV, that's the dresser."
Dustin:  "Oh shit!"

Posted Image

#58 DCAggie

DCAggie

All American

• Members
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:03 PM

There are always lines for HS games, though they are harder to find.

#59 WesTxAg

WesTxAg

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 8,680 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:06 PM

link?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#60 DCAggie

DCAggie

All American

• Members
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:17 PM

I hear them on the radio every week before games, so no link.  They used to be published in the paper, but that is gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users